In preparation for the upcoming 24 hour skypecast event “When Night Falls” for K12Online06 this weekend, I recorded two screencasts this evening for session moderators explaining how to record their skypecasts and convert the files to MP3 format. Both are linked from the tools page of the event wiki.
All the programs described in these screencasts are free except Call Recorder, but its demo is fully functional and just limited in how many days it can be used before it must be purchased for $12.95.
There are a lot of choices for free Windows-based programs that record Skype calls and Skypecasts, but the others I have tried all limited the amount of time you can record with the free version. Powergramo is not time-limited, so that is why I chose to use it. I am not aware of a free program on the Macintosh side for recording skypecasts. Call Recorder works very well for me, and I found its price to be quite reasonable. If anyone knows of free skypecast recording software for Macintosh please let me know, or of better free software on the Windows side than Powergramo.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Lessons Learned from Image Attribution & Tweetribution Confusion - 2011
- Microfiche, Copyrights, Open Licensing and Academic Journal Paywalls - 2010
- Dreaming of iPad Presentation Apps for the classroom - 2010
- Vote for Our Class Flip Video Scavenger Hunt Entries! - 2010
- Panoramic iPhone images from Hangzhou, China - 2009
- Help evaluate the 2008 K-12 Online Conference - 2008
- K12Online08 in the palm of my hand - 2008
- A Magnificent Moment in Lubbock - 2008
- 21st Century Cartographers by David Jakes - 2007
- One to One Initiatives (roundtable at TechForum07) - 2007