This podcast is a recording of a presentation I shared on November 3, 2006 at the Beyond4Walls conference hosted by Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. In the session I discuss with participants myths which many people believe today relating to mp3 files and file sharing, sources for locating and sharing copyright-friendly music files and loops that can be legally incorporated into podcasts, and the ways students and teachers can comply with certainty with the fair use provisions of US copyright law when podcasting.
Show notes for this podcast include:
- K-12 Online Conference 2006
- Wiki links for this presentation
- Creative Commons
- The Free Sound Project
- OpSound Music
- PenMachine Podcast (free instrumental clips for podcasters)
- “Be Creative” video from Creative Commons
- Copyright 101 for Educators: Winter 2003
- Podcasting Legal Guide
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- A Teachable Copyright Moment from Erik Qualman - 2011
- Podcast363: Implementing 1:1 Prepare Our Students for Their Future... TODAY! - 2010
- Alan November's Opening Comments: Innovative Learning Institute 2010 - 2010
- Authenticity in Math: Connecting to the Real World - 2010
- A new day dawns for the U.S. Presidency and Electorate - 2008
- Voting in Oklahoma 2008 - 2008
- Why is voting cool now? - 2008
- Creating geographic information connections with Google Maps - 2007
- Podcast95: Podcast Chapter Mark Commenting and Helping Teachers Use Web 2.0 - 2006
- K12Online06 feeds and agenda complete - 2006