The Infinite Thinking Machine’s Video Podcast #4: Welcome to the Blogosphere includes a video segment my 8 year old son recorded with me on the Konza prairie near Manhattan, Kansas over Thanksgiving break. In it I reflect about how the information landscape of the 21st century is similar to the “wild west” of the North American continent, but how we should WANT our students to “leave trails” as evidences of their learning in the virtual world. The entire podcast is 8 minutes long, our segment begins at the 4:07 mark. What fun! 🙂
I created a WikiPedia article about the Konza prairie as a result of this “field trip.” How cool to see today that several others have further edited and contributed to the page.
Note my Kansas State shirt worn in the video segment– Go Cats! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 5th EdCampOKC Coming to Del City High School March 4, 2017 - 2016
- Inspired by Ashley Vance's Biography of Elon Musk - 2015
- Brainstorming the Digital Sharing Map: Classroom Edition - 2015
- Come See "One Incredible Moment" in Edmond This Weekend - 2014
- Building Virtual Bridges Through Sharing and Transparency - 2013
- Al Jazeera, Arab Spring, & Opposing Extremism in Our Midst in the USA - 2012
- Mobile Video Editing with ReelDirector on an iPhone4 #edapp - 2010
- Tech Support for Parents - 2010
- No alternative to the RTTT / Duncan Education Reform Plan Offered by Fallin - 2010
- Reasons I love Blip.tv and Screenr - 2009