The term RSS may be part of the normal vocabulary of teachers attending conferences like the National Educational Computing Conference, but mention RSS to many teachers, administrators, and parents, and youâ€™re likely to receive some blank stares. However, RSS is a cornerstone of the second-generation Web 2.0 world, and understanding its potential uses can open up a multitude of possibilities for you and your students. So hereâ€™s an overview of this key piece of technology that is helping to define a new era of interactive content publishing.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 5th EdCampOKC Coming to Del City High School March 4, 2017 - 2016
- Inspired by Ashley Vance's Biography of Elon Musk - 2015
- Brainstorming the Digital Sharing Map: Classroom Edition - 2015
- Come See "One Incredible Moment" in Edmond This Weekend - 2014
- Building Virtual Bridges Through Sharing and Transparency - 2013
- Al Jazeera, Arab Spring, & Opposing Extremism in Our Midst in the USA - 2012
- Mobile Video Editing with ReelDirector on an iPhone4 #edapp - 2010
- Tech Support for Parents - 2010
- No alternative to the RTTT / Duncan Education Reform Plan Offered by Fallin - 2010
- Reasons I love Blip.tv and Screenr - 2009