I’ve completed an initial draft of the video I plan to use at the start of my MacWorld 2007 presentation on “Safe Blogging to Improve Student Writing.” Full credits are listed on the video’s wiki page. The video is in QuickTime format, so you’ll need free QuickTime player software installed on your computer to view it.
Video link: Safe Classroom Blogging Introductory Video (6 min, 39 sec – 30.3 MB)
– This version was compressed/exported with default “for CD-ROM” settings in iMovie, and therefore will NOT start playback in a web browser until fully downloaded. This link connects to my .Mac iDisk public folder where you can download it.
If you have comments, feedback or suggestions for this introductory video, please let me know by commenting here! Note this video is shared under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License. Under those terms, feel free to use this for your own presentations and professional development sessions!
(After reviewing this again, I realized it is inaccurate to include text of going on a “world tour” since I’ve just included 3 classrooms that are all from North America. I’ll change that text in the video to reflect a “North American” tour rather than a world tour.)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Digital Literacy Challenge: Create an Information Filter Bot - 2017
- Application Deadline for ClassenSAS: Jan 23, 2015 - 2015
- Another Way to Create a New Posterous Account - 2013
- Playing with Collabracam for The Zebra Print Webshow - 2012
- Free iPhone Turn by Turn Driving Directions with Waze - 2011
- Implications of Radical Change to Cultural Access - 2010
- Yodler's Fondue: A Winter Family Favorite - 2010
- Evaluation of the Fluent News iPhone app - 2010
- IWB Workshops, Anyone? - 2010
- Google Sites is a great wiki and website builder - 2009