I’ve completed an initial draft of the video I plan to use at the start of my MacWorld 2007 presentation on “Safe Blogging to Improve Student Writing.” Full credits are listed on the video’s wiki page. The video is in QuickTime format, so you’ll need free QuickTime player software installed on your computer to view it.
Video link: Safe Classroom Blogging Introductory Video (6 min, 39 sec – 30.3 MB)
– This version was compressed/exported with default “for CD-ROM” settings in iMovie, and therefore will NOT start playback in a web browser until fully downloaded. This link connects to my .Mac iDisk public folder where you can download it.
If you have comments, feedback or suggestions for this introductory video, please let me know by commenting here! Note this video is shared under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License. Under those terms, feel free to use this for your own presentations and professional development sessions!
(After reviewing this again, I realized it is inaccurate to include text of going on a “world tour” since I’ve just included 3 classrooms that are all from North America. I’ll change that text in the video to reflect a “North American” tour rather than a world tour.)
Please support my STEM classroom Donor's Choose project: "Applying STEM Skills with Robotic Sphero Balls. Use the promo code INSPIRE at checkout to double your donation (up to $100) thanks to a match from DonorsChoose.org.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Another Way to Create a New Posterous Account - 2013
- Playing with Collabracam for The Zebra Print Webshow - 2012
- Free iPhone Turn by Turn Driving Directions with Waze - 2011
- Implications of Radical Change to Cultural Access - 2010
- Yodler's Fondue: A Winter Family Favorite - 2010
- Evaluation of the Fluent News iPhone app - 2010
- IWB Workshops, Anyone? - 2010
- Google Sites is a great wiki and website builder - 2009
- Looking for a professional development speaker on January 19th? - 2009
- Fun with Stellarium: Yes that IS Mars! - 2008