San Francisco is one of the most amazing places I’ve ever visited! What fun! My cousin, Devin, and I spent the afternoon at Fisherman’s Wharf, on a bus tour of the city, and this evening exploring downtown. I posted some photos from our explorations to Flickr:
Tomorrow morning is Steve Jobs’ keynote at 9 am Pacific time. We’ll be arriving at the speaker’s room by 7:45 to be escorted over to the keynote address auditorium. I can’t believe we’re actually here and doing this! We both have some ideas about what is going to be announced, but with Apple’s theme here and on their corporate website being “The first 30 years were just the beginning. Welcome to 2007.” Who knows what exciting things we’re in for!
I’ll be blogging the keynote tomorrow morning, but I’m not sure if I’ll have wifi access to web-post during the address. If so, I will. My presentation isn’t until Wednesday morning. I’ve made several edits to the blogging movie (reducing the number of initial images, lengthening the display time on images, and renaming it, “perspectives on classroom blogging”) and will be reposting that sometime tomorrow.
It’s going to be an exciting January 9th! 🙂
I also had Devin shoot some video of me on Fisherman’s Wharf today, and I shot some video of some Windows-users also visiting Fisherman’s Wharf who had some loud reactions to news of another delay in the release of Windows Vista. The video is about 2 minutes long, check it out on YouTube! (Hopefully by the time you click this link it will be approved and available.) 😉
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Embed Twitter Widget in Dot Net Nuke (DNN) Website - 2015
- Disadvantages of Openly Sharing Media - 2014
- Yukon Students Learning Computer Programming with Scratch - 2013
- Introduction to the Common Core State Standards by Karen Robertson - 2012
- An Iterative Google Search (with advanced options) solves a MS Word File Saving Problem - 2012
- Learning about Glass Blowing in Santa Fe, New Mexico (videos) - 2011
- Podcast366: Interviews with Navy WWII Ace Ed Wendorf and Docents Aboard the USS Midway - 2011
- Good Memories from Denton and UNT - 2011
- Virtual DNA Fingerprinting Lab (1 to 1 Learning in Yarmouth, Maine) - 2011
- Brainstorm & Find Available Websites with DomainStorm - 2011