Memory Miner is a collaborative digital storytelling application which permits users to add a wealth of meta data to photographs as well as rich media including audio and video files. The program exports a slick looking website including all included metadata and attached media files, and permits one click searching of the image archive with custom queries. Websites can be uploaded to public or password-protected webservers (which you have access to already) and a we-based feature permits others you invite to contribute to the meta data associated with individual images. Future versions may permit web-based additions of audio and video annotations as well! The software is available now for Macintosh, is free for secondary teachers and students, and a Windows version is in development which will have an identical file format for cross-platform compatability. Memory Miner is a great application for digital storytellers! Learn more and download the software on www.memoryminer.com.
Show notes for this podcast include:
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Register for iPad Media Camp in Summer 2014 in Illinois, Texas, Kansas & Oklahoma! - 2014
- UCO Dumps Epic One on One Charter School - 2011
- Free Project Gutenberg eBooks Download Directly to Kindle for iPad - 2011
- The Frontiers Beckon (NASA video) - 2011
- Blog posts that hide spoilers - 2010
- Implications of (almost) free online storage for educators and students - 2010
- It's Time for a New Kind Of University - 2009
- A Creative Designer's Solicitation for Employment via StopMotion - 2009
- Keep family and friends informed of hospital and health updates with CaringBridge - 2009
- Gabcast recording auto-post to WordPress.com successful, not with Blogger - 2009