This podcast features an interview with Leesa Potts, a teacher at the Arkansas Department of Education’s Distance Learning Center (DLC) in Maumelle, Arkansas, just outside Little Rock. At the DLC, teachers teach high school students around the state every day using a blended combination of videoconferencing technologies and computer software programs. SameTime software permits students and teachers to synchronously see the same content on their computer screens and collaboratively work together. Think about an overhead projector which shows its image on every student’s desk, and permits every student to also write or type on the projected image, and you’ll have an idea about what the interaction is like in this environment. Many thanks to Leesa for sharing her perspectives as a first-year secondary teacher in an extremely digitally infused teaching environment!
Show notes for this podcast include:
- Arkansas Department of Education Distance Learning Center
- Lotus SameTime Software (by IBM) for realtime webconferencing and instant messaging
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Design Thinking Takeaways from Our #k12onlineconf Panel - 2017
- Save YouTube Videos to iPad Camera Roll for Green Screen Compositing - 2016
- Make a Song with Sounds from Your Kitchen on an iPad - 2012
- Transition to Common Core Standards by Jan Hoegh (2 of 2) - 2012
- Transition to Common Core Standards by Jan Hoegh (1 of 2) - 2012
- Manage Podcasts WITHOUT an iTunes Sync Using Podcaster - 2011
- Podcast 368: Learning in a Networked World: For Our Students and For Ourselves by Will Richardson - 2011
- Oklahoma's New K12 Educational Leader (Janet Barresi) Models Social Media Use - 2011
- Offline, mobile-friendly webpages on an iPhone or iPod Touch - 2010
- Find your iTunes App Library on Appolicious and Share your iPhone Apps - 2010