I’m staying here in Austin for the TCEA conference at a local Holiday Inn, which advertises “free high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms.” The connection speed is so excruciatingly slow, I did a quick Internet Frog Speed Test. Here is the result:
It is SERIOUSLY misleading to call this “high-speed Internet access.” This is slower than a 14.4 modem!!! I wonder if people are downloading videos and music files from P2P file sharing networks at the hotel, or if something else is going on. Quite frustrating! Thankfully I don’t have to work online much to get ready for tomorrow’s presentation. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Avoid Cellphone Text Messaging Scams with free Purchase Blocker Feature - 2012
- Podcast225: The K-12 Online Conference - Free, World-Class Professional Development for Educators about Web 2.0 Tools for Learning - 2008
- The Balancing Act: Juggling the Demands of Emerging Technology - 2007
- District website blocking policies - 2006
- Naburr bridging the digital divide - 2006
- Video on $100 laptop - 2006
- Google aims at the desktop - 2006
- Free ideas & Pedagogy - 2006
- EduBlog 2005 awards - 2006
- Power of One-to-One Computing - 2006