This podcast is a recording of the last twelve minutes of a presentation I shared today at the Oklahoma Technology Association’s 2007 conference titled “The Case for 1:1 Computing and School 2.0.” I should have cut some slides and content from this presentation from the “draft” version I posted last week and I did not! So, this is the last part of the presentation which focuses on the characteristics which should define “School 2.0” or a reinvention of our K-12 educational system. I am sharing this presentation again in Austin at TCEA on tomorrow, and (assuming things turn out ok) I’ll publish that version of the presentation which just focuses on the case for 1:1 learning. I’ve deleted about 21 slides from my preso and the section on School 2.0 for tomorrow’s version, so hopefully people interested in those ideas will check out this podcast! I hope to write down some of those ideas in an article in upcoming months. These ideas are very much in development, so if you have feedback, critiques and suggestions I’d love to hear them!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Triple Threat in Tech: A Reflection - 2016
- Visualize: Sticky Learning (Visual Notetaking) - 2014
- A Renaissance in Educational Podcasting - 2014
- Recorded Audio & Resources from my #otaem12 Presentations Today - 2012
- Standards Mapping the Common Core to Everyday Instruction and Teaching - 2012
- Can You Do That? Legal Issues in Tech Administration #otaem12 - 2012
- Visioning New Schools with David Warlick - 2012
- Anywhere, Anytime Learning by Janet Barresi - 2012
- Montana Voices: Digital Vision for Schools 2011 Challenge #mtvision - 2011
- Learning with iPad #msmeca11 - 2011