A wide variety of electronic response systems are available for K-12 and higher education teachers and professors to utilize. The goal of using an electronic response system is to make teacher-directed learning (lecture) more interactive. Response systems typically include a remote-control device for each student in the class, as well as a receiver unit and software for the instructor. TurningPoint’s audience response system uses Microsoft PowerPoint rather than a separate application for creating and aggregating student questions and responses. Additionally, software is available to use the system in a 1:1 learning environment, where each student has access to a desktop or laptop computer connected to the local area network. From a pricing standpoint, TurningPoint is considerably cheaper than many alternatives.
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Scratch Gold - 2013
- Spring Break 2013 Scratch Camp in Yukon, Oklahoma - 2013
- Changing the Pictures of the Classroom in Students' Heads by John Nail - 2012
- Open Registration for Storychaser Spring 2011 Workshops in Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas - 2011
- Panoramic Fieldhouse Photos in Manhattan, Kansas and Norman, Oklahoma - 2010
- Podcast340: On board the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus in Yukon, Oklahoma (interview with Ryan L’Esperance) - 2010
- Communicating In The Digital Age (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- Our rock stars aren't like your rock stars - 2010
- Podcast339: Communicating in the Digital Age (Presentation for Pioneer Library System Librarians) - 2010
- Why Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Matters - 2008