A wide variety of electronic response systems are available for K-12 and higher education teachers and professors to utilize. The goal of using an electronic response system is to make teacher-directed learning (lecture) more interactive. Response systems typically include a remote-control device for each student in the class, as well as a receiver unit and software for the instructor. TurningPoint’s audience response system uses Microsoft PowerPoint rather than a separate application for creating and aggregating student questions and responses. Additionally, software is available to use the system in a 1:1 learning environment, where each student has access to a desktop or laptop computer connected to the local area network. From a pricing standpoint, TurningPoint is considerably cheaper than many alternatives.
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Scratch Gold - 2013
- Spring Break 2013 Scratch Camp in Yukon, Oklahoma - 2013
- Changing the Pictures of the Classroom in Students' Heads by John Nail - 2012
- Open Registration for Storychaser Spring 2011 Workshops in Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas - 2011
- Panoramic Fieldhouse Photos in Manhattan, Kansas and Norman, Oklahoma - 2010
- Podcast340: On board the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus in Yukon, Oklahoma (interview with Ryan L’Esperance) - 2010
- Communicating In The Digital Age (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- Our rock stars aren't like your rock stars - 2010
- Podcast339: Communicating in the Digital Age (Presentation for Pioneer Library System Librarians) - 2010
- Why Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Matters - 2008