This podcast is a recording of a presentation by 8th grade U.S. history teacher, Eric Langhorst, titled “Teaching History with 21st Century Technology.” This presentation was shared at the Midwest Education Technology Conference (METC) in St. Louis on February 27, 2007. The official METC conference program description of his session was: Learn how an 8th grade American history teacher has incorporated web 2.0 tools into the classroom to enhance the curriculum. Examples include MP3 studycasts, video editing to create a colonial news program, working with students from around the country on a book blog and online assessments. Almost all the appliations presented are free of charge and readily accessible.
- Eric’s blog and podcast: Speaking of History
- Eric’s classroom website
- My notes from Eric’s session today (includes links to his session handout and PowerPoint)
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- WordPress OKC February 2017 Learning Points - 2017
- Post an eBook from an iPad to Your Class Blog - 2012
- iPhone Video Edited with Splice - 2011
- Student Presentation on an iPad - 2011
- Brush Up on Modern Physics - Free - 2010
- Can you imagine this much global sharing? - 2010
- Geysers in Rotorua at Te Puia - 2009
- Podcast303: Transforming Pedagogy in NZ Schools, Duck Hunting in Hobbiton, the Easy Talk Microphone, and Kid Witness News - 2009
- Metered, commercial WiFi common in New Zealand - 2009
- Mobile Phone Media Collection and VoiceThread - 2008