This podcast is a recording of a presentation by 8th grade U.S. history teacher, Eric Langhorst, titled “Teaching History with 21st Century Technology.” This presentation was shared at the Midwest Education Technology Conference (METC) in St. Louis on February 27, 2007. The official METC conference program description of his session was: Learn how an 8th grade American history teacher has incorporated web 2.0 tools into the classroom to enhance the curriculum. Examples include MP3 studycasts, video editing to create a colonial news program, working with students from around the country on a book blog and online assessments. Almost all the appliations presented are free of charge and readily accessible.
- Eric’s blog and podcast: Speaking of History
- Eric’s classroom website
- My notes from Eric’s session today (includes links to his session handout and PowerPoint)
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- WordPress OKC February 2017 Learning Points - 2017
- Post an eBook from an iPad to Your Class Blog - 2012
- iPhone Video Edited with Splice - 2011
- Student Presentation on an iPad - 2011
- Brush Up on Modern Physics - Free - 2010
- Can you imagine this much global sharing? - 2010
- Geysers in Rotorua at Te Puia - 2009
- Podcast303: Transforming Pedagogy in NZ Schools, Duck Hunting in Hobbiton, the Easy Talk Microphone, and Kid Witness News - 2009
- Metered, commercial WiFi common in New Zealand - 2009
- Mobile Phone Media Collection and VoiceThread - 2008