These are my notes from a presentation by Bryan Retzlaff at the MACE 2007 conference. This is a vendor session. As usual my own thoughts and commentary are ALL IN CAPS.
“This is an advanced interactive whiteboard training session”
The combination of multiple technologies coming together in a single device is a current trend with electronic whiteboards.
– We are using the interwrite PRS device, which looks like a multi-button remote control
– So now electronic response systems are being integrated into electronic whiteboard
– you’ll want to find ways to integrate your student response system
Student response systems are maturing to the point where the same student doesn’t have to grab the same remote control, they can take any remote and then customize it for them.
We will simulate freshman (9th grade) Algebra class, lesson is multiplying polynomials
– we will be building on prior experiences
Use your technology to change the way that you teach
– example of using virtual manipulatives in lie of the FOIL method
Now showing an example of true / false
It is not necessary depending on your clientele to have a whiteboard at the front of the room
Now demoing going out to a website using the interactive whiteboard
– Google search for snow + weather
have a capture button: can capture:
– full screen
Using Interwrite Annotation software
– used an Internet web search, take a picture out of it, and annotate over the top of it
make that more curricular:
– search for dissected frog
– finding virtual frog dissection kit
General idea is to grab content from the web and then interact with it
[MY THOUGHT: I’M NOT SURE THESE TECHNIQUES ARE NECESSARILY ADVANCED, BUT IT IS INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THIS WORKS IN THE INTERWRITE ENVIRONMENT RELATIVE TO THE SMART TECHNOLOGIES NOTEBOOK SOFTWARE THAT I’M MORE FAMILIAR WITH]
Interwrite software does have screen recorder [LIKE SMART NOTEBOOK]
– computer microphone picks up instructor audio
Create Venn diagrams with drawing tools
Use text tool to insert words
– example was moving words around on a Venn Diagram
[TEXT REMAINS EDITABLE, BASICALLY YOU ARE PUTTING TEXT BOXES ON TOP OF THE IMAGE]
[MY THOUGHTS: I THINK THE WIRLESS INTERWRITE TABLET IS A VERY PROMISING TECHNOLOGY, HOWEVER I DON’T THINK MANY ADVANCED TECHNIQUES WERE REALLY DEMONSTRATED IN THIS SESSION. THE INTEGRATION OF THE ELECTRONIC RESPONSE SYSTEM IS INTERESTING, BUT NOT REALLY REVOLUTIONARY. I WONDER HOW MUCH THIS RESPONSE SYSTEM COSTS RELATIVE TO OTHERS?
Have sold a lot of “quizdom” systems here in Manhattan, Kansas
[I HADN’T HEARD OF THE QUIZDOM ELECTRONIC RESPONSE SYSTEM BEFORE]
Technorati Tags: mace07
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- How to Setup a Google Hangout On Air (March 2015) - 2015
- iAuthor an iBook: Creating iBooks on the iPad by Meg Wilson - 2013
- Curriculum Stories with StopMotion Animation by Jan Cosmos - 2013
- Creative Digital Art Projects that put STEAM into STEM by Tricia Fuglestad - 2013
- Digital Storytelling: Get It Write! by Joe Brennan - 2013
- Creating a Worldwide Literacy Community by Pam Allyn - 2013
- Infusing the Arts in the Common Core by Carol Broos - 2013
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter incompatible with Tandberg DVI Cable - 2011
- Top 10 Education Apps for iPod Touch and iPhone - 2010
- Oklahoma 1:1 ARRA TitleIID Grants Announcement Date moved to March 25th #ok1to1 - 2010