This podcast is a recording of a conversation between five of the attendees of the Mid-America Association for Computers in Education (MACE) 2007 conference in Manhattan, Kansas, on March 1, 2007. The keynote speaker for the conference was the inspirational Marco Antonio Torres, who is one of the most amazing and passionate educators you could ever hope to meet. Many thanks to the great staff of ESSDACK (Educational Services and Staff Development Association of Central Kansas) for providing the equipment and recording this “live podcast” in the Alumni Center of Kansas State University at the close of the conference day. Many thanks also to the wonderful teachers in the Wichita Public Schools Instructional Technology department who shared ideas and takeaways from Marco’s keynote as well as other sessions at the MACE 2007 conference. Check out the podcast shownotes for links to their websites!
- Mid-America Association for Computers in Education – MACE
- Wichita Public Schools Instructional Technology
- ESSDACK (Educational Services and Staff Development Association of Central Kansas)
- SFETT (Film Festival by Marco Torres’ students)
- Flickschool.com (Marco’s site for sharing tips for filmmaking)
- Will Richardson’s reflections and comments on Marco’s educational philosophy and message
- My notes from Marco’s keynote today
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- How to Setup a Google Hangout On Air (March 2015) - 2015
- iAuthor an iBook: Creating iBooks on the iPad by Meg Wilson - 2013
- Curriculum Stories with StopMotion Animation by Jan Cosmos - 2013
- Creative Digital Art Projects that put STEAM into STEM by Tricia Fuglestad - 2013
- Digital Storytelling: Get It Write! by Joe Brennan - 2013
- Creating a Worldwide Literacy Community by Pam Allyn - 2013
- Infusing the Arts in the Common Core by Carol Broos - 2013
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter incompatible with Tandberg DVI Cable - 2011
- Top 10 Education Apps for iPod Touch and iPhone - 2010
- Oklahoma 1:1 ARRA TitleIID Grants Announcement Date moved to March 25th #ok1to1 - 2010