I had a great time substitute teaching a graduate class tonight on “Technology for Administrators” at the University of Central Oklahoma here in Edmond, where I live. Links to the resources we discussed are available on a new wiki page I created today for “Technology Leadership.” As proposed last week (and inspired by Marco Torres) we planned and shot a movie we titled “Administrator Video.” Thanks to everyone who provided additional ideas and feedback! This 1.5 minute video is available on YouTube and as a downloadable file from my .Mac Public folder.
This video is not meant to be an insult to anyone or school administrators as a group. Rather, it is intended to humorously focus on worst-practices to encourage thinking about administrative best-practices.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- 2 Challenges: With STEM & iPads - 2014
- Growing Nimble Thinkers for the Creative Economy by Deborah Morrison and Glenn Griffin - 2013
- Cage-Busting Leadership by Rick Hess - 2013
- Options for Posting by Email (RIP Posterous) - 2013
- Green Screen Photo Effects On The Cheap - 2012
- K12 Panel at the 2012 Heartland eLearning Conference - 2012
- Why is cloud computing significant for college faculty? - 2012
- A Voice of Reason on US Education Policy - 2011
- The Power of Media Advertising: Ads Worth Spreading from TED - 2011
- Accessing new MobileMe Calendars on an older iOS 3.1.3 iPod Touch - 2011