I had a great time substitute teaching a graduate class tonight on “Technology for Administrators” at the University of Central Oklahoma here in Edmond, where I live. Links to the resources we discussed are available on a new wiki page I created today for “Technology Leadership.” As proposed last week (and inspired by Marco Torres) we planned and shot a movie we titled “Administrator Video.” Thanks to everyone who provided additional ideas and feedback! This 1.5 minute video is available on YouTube and as a downloadable file from my .Mac Public folder.
This video is not meant to be an insult to anyone or school administrators as a group. Rather, it is intended to humorously focus on worst-practices to encourage thinking about administrative best-practices.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Code as Poetry in 4th Grade Scratch Club - 2018
- 2 Challenges: With STEM & iPads - 2014
- Growing Nimble Thinkers for the Creative Economy by Deborah Morrison and Glenn Griffin - 2013
- Cage-Busting Leadership by Rick Hess - 2013
- Options for Posting by Email (RIP Posterous) - 2013
- Green Screen Photo Effects On The Cheap - 2012
- K12 Panel at the 2012 Heartland eLearning Conference - 2012
- Why is cloud computing significant for college faculty? - 2012
- A Voice of Reason on US Education Policy - 2011
- The Power of Media Advertising: Ads Worth Spreading from TED - 2011