This is great news: Flickr has added the option of enabling moderation for group photo pools. According to the February 28th press release:
Ever wished you had a chance to review photos before they show up in your group pool? Well, now you can! For each group that you run, you can choose to set up an “approval queue”. When someone adds a photo to your group, you’ll see a “there are pending photos for you” note. All you have to do is open up the queue and review submissions. From there, Administrators or Moderators can approve or deny photos, and publish the ones that fit.
This is great news for anyone wanting to use a Flickr group for an educational project. Now administrators (or people with the new “moderator” designation) can permit anyone to join and contribute to a Flickr photo pool, and jointly moderate the submitted images. Excellent! I’ve enabled this feature for our Flickr Oklahoma Digital Centennial Pool, which I hope will grow in the months ahead as we have additional professional development sessions about it across the state.
Technorati Tags: flickr
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Email Mail Merge Custom PDF Certificates with autoCrat for Google - 2016
- Workflow: Moderate Student Email-Posted Videos to YouTube - 2015
- No-Edit Audio Podcasting Videoconference (referenced links) - 2014
- A Story about Web Accountability and Club Penguin - 2013
- Brookstone Mini-Projector for iPhone4 - 2012
- All bloggers are not scrape blog pirates - 2011
- High Stakes Testing Must End in the USA - 2011
- Local Advocacy Update in Alabama by Bruce Ellard - 2011
- 2011 Alabama Legislative Session Update (10 March) - 2011
- Oklahoma City Podcasting Club - March 2010 Meeting Notes - 2010