This podcast features an interview with my mother, Angie Fryer, recorded in a coffeeshop in Manhattan, Kansas on March 2, 2007, following the MACE conference. For several years now, my mother has read and subscribed to a number of blogs from a diverse group of people including U.S. students studying abroad in other countries, milbloggers written by a wide variety of U.S. servicemen and servicewomen serving overseas and in the United States, and others. Most recently she has been reading a variety of cooking blogs, and enjoys incorporating new recipies and cooking ideas into her own cooking at home. My mom is a lifetime learner, and exemplifies the idea that digital learners can be of any age. This interview also helped me realize the similarities between good cooking and good teaching: Master chefs like master teachers use recipies and lesson plans as guidelines to craft worthwhile experiences for others. Many thanks to my mom for agreeing to this interview! Feedback on her thoughts and perspectives are welcome, she’ll be checking this podcast post for comments!
A Cajun Blogger I Enjoy:
Angie Fryer’s blog subscriptions as an OPML file (You can import OPML into your blog/feed reader)
OPML for Angie Fryer’s blog subscriptions with groups (categories, may not be supported by all feed reader applications)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast460: UCO and OCCC Concurrent Classes, GitHub in CompSci, and Elementary Coding Lessons - 2018
- Great reason NOT to use iBuildApp - 2014
- eBooks Sandbox: a space to share free eBook experiments! - 2012
- Secret iPhone Agreement (now public) and Apple User Ethics - 2010
- Platforms for idea sharing are essential (even family learning blogs) - 2010
- A projector in my pocket and a Netbook in my satchel - 2009
- Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns (CoSN 2009 closing keynote) - 2009
- Empowering 21st Century Superintendents to Achieve a Culture of Transformation through Technology - 2009
- The Sugar User-Interface Opportunity by Anne Gentle - 2009
- Google Apps: Implementation and Changing the Way We Do Business - 2009