I’ll be attending and presenting at the SITE conference in San Antonio the last week of March, but am planning to co-present via videoconference for the COSN conference in San Francisco on Wednesday, March 28th. The title of my COSN session is “Maintaining a Safe Environment for Digital Social Networking.” Since Lora Smith and I are co-presenting this with Ron Teixeira, Executive Director of the National Cyber Security Alliance, our portion of the 45 minute preso will only be about 20-25 minutes.
I’ve posted a “draft” enhanced podcast version of this presentation to my .Mac Public iDisk (it’s named “safe-dsn-COSN07.m4b”) as well as my notes and slides in PDF and PowerPoint versions to my pbwiki site for “Safe Digital Social Networking (DSN).” The enhanced podcast is 18 minutes long.
If you want to check out this draft presentation and have any feedback or suggestions, please leave them here as comments and I’ll be sure to consider them as I continue preparing for this event. I’ve never been to COSN or presented there (and regretfully won’t get to attend in person, because of the SITE conference conflict) but I know this is a VERY important audience to address and a very different one from the typical edtech conference crowd. I am really glad to have an opportunity to share at least part of my message about safe digital social networking with a more administrator/CIO audience, and hope it will lead to more conversations about safe DSN as well as more schools providing opportunities for students to PRACTICE safe DSN via sites like imbee, think.com, Moodle, etc.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Lessons Gleaned from the Life of Joseph Priestley - 2017
- Don't Use an AT&T Phone Overseas Without an International Calling Plan - 2016
- Inspired by the First All-Female USAF Boeing E-3 Sentry Air Crew - 2013
- Student "Confession Pages" Trend Highlights Free Speech Issues & Need to Address Ethics / Digital Citizenship - 2013
- Playing With Media Trailer: Modeling Technology Use as the Superintendent - 2012
- Global Collaboration (including The Arab Spring Project) at Yarmouth High School - 2012
- Microsoft Copying Apple Store Experience - 2011
- Feedburner Feed and Yahoo Pipe Updated (no longer frozen on Feb 18th post) - 2011
- Terms of Service Agreements Users Don't Read - 2011
- Install alternate operating systems and software on a netbook via a USB flash drive - 2010