I’d like to formally welcome Dr. Glen Bull to the “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” author’s chair. Glen has generously agreed to guest blog here for the next four days while I am offline for awhile, seeking to apply and practice some of the lessons I’m learning from Carl Honore and others.
Glen is a professor at the University of Virginia and a thoughtful advocate for the use of blogs as well as other technologies in the K-12 and higher education spaces. His leadership continues to be pivotal in the ongoing development of the SITE blog. I value his thoughts and am sure he’ll have some interesting ideas to contribute to conversations here. If you’re interested in more background, the CITE journal which he co-edits and his faculty directory page at UVA have more info about him. There are lots of other places to read about Glen’s work if you Google him, but this Tapped-in page reveals some of this interest and work in the area of digital storytelling. The project “Primary Access” on which he’s collaborating with others is in line with the goal of bringing digital storytelling tools to the web browser. (I blogged about that back in April of 2006.) Glen’s expertise and network of connections around the globe in higher education and other circles is vast, and it’s a great pleasure as well as honor to have him join us virtually here.
Welcome Glen! 🙂
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Preparing for a Stopmotion Art Project - 2014
- Remove Background Audio Noise with WavePad - 2012
- Plant Your Flag in the Sand and Claim It - 2011
- Descending into the clouds at sunset (video) - 2011
- Demonstrate iPhone / iPod Touch Applications with ScreenSplitr / DemoGod - 2010
- Just how many electronic whiteboards are school leaders buying? - 2009
- Big Chief Tablets ahead? - 2009
- Smart Technologies software request via Twitter - 2009
- Managing information streams in the attention economy - 2008
- Paying teachers for high student test scores is BAD policy - 2008