I’d like to formally welcome Dr. Glen Bull to the “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” author’s chair. Glen has generously agreed to guest blog here for the next four days while I am offline for awhile, seeking to apply and practice some of the lessons I’m learning from Carl Honore and others.
Glen is a professor at the University of Virginia and a thoughtful advocate for the use of blogs as well as other technologies in the K-12 and higher education spaces. His leadership continues to be pivotal in the ongoing development of the SITE blog. I value his thoughts and am sure he’ll have some interesting ideas to contribute to conversations here. If you’re interested in more background, the CITE journal which he co-edits and his faculty directory page at UVA have more info about him. There are lots of other places to read about Glen’s work if you Google him, but this Tapped-in page reveals some of this interest and work in the area of digital storytelling. The project “Primary Access” on which he’s collaborating with others is in line with the goal of bringing digital storytelling tools to the web browser. (I blogged about that back in April of 2006.) Glen’s expertise and network of connections around the globe in higher education and other circles is vast, and it’s a great pleasure as well as honor to have him join us virtually here.
Welcome Glen! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Preparing for a Stopmotion Art Project - 2014
- Remove Background Audio Noise with WavePad - 2012
- Plant Your Flag in the Sand and Claim It - 2011
- Descending into the clouds at sunset (video) - 2011
- Demonstrate iPhone / iPod Touch Applications with ScreenSplitr / DemoGod - 2010
- Just how many electronic whiteboards are school leaders buying? - 2009
- Big Chief Tablets ahead? - 2009
- Smart Technologies software request via Twitter - 2009
- Managing information streams in the attention economy - 2008
- Paying teachers for high student test scores is BAD policy - 2008