This podcast features a recording of the presentation “Lessons Learned from K-12 Online 2006” from March 30, 2007 at the SITE Conference in San Antonio, Texas. SITE is the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education. The abstract of the presentation was: The K12 Online Conference 2006 (http://k12onlineconference.org) was a free conference for educators worldwide held online and focused on the theme of “unleashing the potential” of web 2.0 technologies in schools. In Fall 2006, the conveners who comprise this panel organized the first K12 Online Conference as a free event incorporating both web-posted, asynchronously accessed presentation content as well as a series of live events for presenters and participants. This panel will provide a forum for conference conveners to share their experiences and “lessons learned” from this well attended and successful international learning event. In addition to reflecting on lessons learned from 2006 conference, we also announced dates for the K-12 Online Conference 2007! Mark your calendars! (And refer to the shownotes for details!)
- K-12 Online Conference website: www.k12onlineconference.org
- Resources from our “Lessons Learned from K-12 Online 2006” presentation
- K-12 Online Conference 2007 schedule
- Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE)
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- WordPress OKC Meetup Notes: March 30, 2015 - 2015
- Create an All-iPad Class Radio Show with AudioBoo, Bossjock, GoodReader, & SoundCloud - 2013
- Sharing Apple iCloud Calendars and Google Calendars - 2013
- Spots available for April 2011 Storychasers Workshops - 2011
- An easy case for digital curriculum: Weight - 2010
- Learning about password security early, individual student logins at school - 2009
- Digitizing my life - 2008
- Cyberwarfare capacity and partial quotations by journalists - 2007
- TeacherTube and Zamzar rather than YouTube - 2007
- Stop Cyberbullying: Move Out Into Mainstream Media - 2007