This podcast features a recording of a keynote address at the SITE 2007 conference in San Antonio, Texas, by Dr. Paul Resta. The title of his keynote was “The Changing Landscape of the Global Digital Divide: Opportunities and Challenges for Teacher Education.” The abstract for this presentation was: Although there has been significant growth worldwide in access to computers and the Internet, the digital divide continues to be a major form of social and economic exclusion for many peoples across the globe. The World Summit on the Information Society (UNESCO, 2003) declared, “[the] common desire and commitment to build a people-centered, inclusive and development-oriented Information Society where everyone can create, access, utilize and share information and knowledge.” The presentation discusses the global context of the digital divide and the opportunities and strategies for teacher education to take a leadership role in helping to move toward digital equity.
- PowerPoint slides from Dr. Resta’s presentation
- Bio of Dr. Paul Resta
- Four Directions Project
- My notes from Dr. Resta’s presentation
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Print a QR Code for an AudioBoo Recording - 2014
- The Art & Science of Teaching by Dr. Phil Warrick (part 2 of 2) - 2012
- The Art & Science of Teaching by Dr. Phil Warrick (part 1 of 2) - 2012
- Webcasting with the Seedlings: In the Sprankle Podcave! - 2010
- Schools using Twitter for parent and community communication - 2008
- Family member tribute digital stories - 2008
- links for 2008-04-02 - 2008
- OLPC and the IDC test (innovation, differentiation & collaboration) - 2007
- Ruckus, DRM and IP (intellectual property) - 2007
- The boss button - 2007