This podcast features a recording of a keynote address at the SITE 2007 conference in San Antonio, Texas, by Dr. Paul Resta. The title of his keynote was “The Changing Landscape of the Global Digital Divide: Opportunities and Challenges for Teacher Education.” The abstract for this presentation was: Although there has been significant growth worldwide in access to computers and the Internet, the digital divide continues to be a major form of social and economic exclusion for many peoples across the globe. The World Summit on the Information Society (UNESCO, 2003) declared, “[the] common desire and commitment to build a people-centered, inclusive and development-oriented Information Society where everyone can create, access, utilize and share information and knowledge.” The presentation discusses the global context of the digital divide and the opportunities and strategies for teacher education to take a leadership role in helping to move toward digital equity.
- PowerPoint slides from Dr. Resta’s presentation
- Bio of Dr. Paul Resta
- Four Directions Project
- My notes from Dr. Resta’s presentation
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 15 Minute Snapchat 101 Tutorial - 2016
- Print a QR Code for an AudioBoo Recording - 2014
- The Art & Science of Teaching by Dr. Phil Warrick (part 2 of 2) - 2012
- The Art & Science of Teaching by Dr. Phil Warrick (part 1 of 2) - 2012
- Webcasting with the Seedlings: In the Sprankle Podcave! - 2010
- Schools using Twitter for parent and community communication - 2008
- Family member tribute digital stories - 2008
- links for 2008-04-02 - 2008
- OLPC and the IDC test (innovation, differentiation & collaboration) - 2007
- Ruckus, DRM and IP (intellectual property) - 2007