I received a question recently about resources for free sound effects online. The best list I’ve seen lately is Hall Davidson’s, which he has shared as a Word document and linked from his Kit Building page.
Another resource to know about is Acid Planet’s free 8 packs of loops. They share a new 8 pack to download for free every week. I have these and other resources listed on my Free Audio Resources page.
The fine print on the intellectual property uses and re-uses of materials like this is critical, however, if you are planning to share anything students create with these materials with the rest of the world. A Creative Commons search for copy-friendly materials is still the best bet when it comes to student projects that will be shared out with the world.
Read the fine print on allowed uses and re-uses of multimedia materials from each website where you or your students obtain resources. For more on this, see my recent post Resources on copyright.
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Tornado Season is Here But Don't Look For an Oklahoma City Public Storm Shelter - 2014
- FOCU$ on Education Conference April 9th in 7 Oklahoma Locations - 2013
- Great American Teach In: Speak Out On Educational Rights - 2011
- iPads and iPod Touches in Kansas Elementary Classrooms (video) - 2011
- Learn about Apps for iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch in Oklahoma City April 15th - 2011
- Kids are the real customers in schools: We need to LISTEN to them! - 2011
- Focus on Creating New Things, Not Just Fixing Broken Old Stuff - 2011
- Our iPad Launch Day Adventure: A Photo Essay - 2010
- The Tyranny of Oil, The Danger of Unregulated Markets, Power, and Populism - 2009
- Amazed by the power of mobile applications - 2008