This podcast is a recording of my keynote address on April 20, 2007, at the Connecting and Collaborating Conference sponsored by Ottawa Area Intermediate School District in Holland, Michigan. The keynote description was: Professional development is no longer limited by time and space constraints. Conversations and content now accessible via the Internet, the blogosphere, and podcasts are opening up amazing new possibilities for professional development and learning. In this session we’ll explore innovative ways educators around the planet are making connections, creating personal learning networks, and extending their educational knowledge bases. We’ll also look at ways school districts are using collaborative tools and technologies to provide blended professional development to better meet the learning constraints as well as opportunities of our educational and informational environments.
- Presentation Slides (9.6 MB PDF file)
- Presentation Links (shared as a public Google Notebook)
- Connecting and Collaborating Conference wiki
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Great STEM Video for Architecture and Cantilever Spans Lesson - 2014
- Bulk-Modify YouTube Videos to Turn ON Comment Moderation - 2013
- ODLA 2010: Technology Trends - 2010
- Remembering "Go Green, Go Electric" from Earth Day 2009 - 2010
- Working hard to get the public excited about MINIMUM standards - 2010
- USA Today for iPad application features beautiful photos of the day - 2010
- Advice for a higher education digital learning advocacy presentation - 2009
- NECC 2008 Button Contest: The Learning Revolution - 2008
- 2TB iPod on the way? - 2008
- links for 2008-04-22 - 2008