I continue to try and use a wide variety of read/write web tools, but at some point (and I’m not entirely sure how I arrive at this decision) I decide to “invest” in different web services and resources. Examples of these include del.icio.us, which I use literally every day I’m online to process and save website favorites via social bookmarks, Flickr, which I am regularly posting to via my cell phone as well as periodic laptop uploads of digital camera pics, and PBWiki, which I use to share all of my educational presentation and workshop curricula (teachdigital.pbwiki.com).
I was delighted to learn recently that PBWiki is now making all educational wikis advertisement-free. Excellent!
For more on PBWiki and its possible uses for learning, visit their website for educators. If you’re doing a conference presentation about PBWiki, apply for one of their presenter packs to get some cool stuff for yourself and to give away to your presentation attendees! Their 2 page PDF “About PBWiki” document is a good summary to use explaining to others what wikis are and how they can be used.
Go PBWiki! You guys and gals rock!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Options for Uploading Videos to YouTube with School Filtering - 2014
- Steeply Discounted Digital Storytelling Workshops: June 5-6 & June 19-20 (Oklahoma City) - 2013
- iPad Media Camp: June & July 2013 in Oklahoma & Kansas - 2013
- Apps and Clouds: An Introduction to Internet Resources - 2012
- Creativity unleashed with LEGO Stopmotion music videos and movie scene re-enactments - 2010
- Join conversations in the LIVE DEN Virtual Conference - 2010
- Tales from an adventurer living off the grid - 2008
- links for 2008-04-24 - 2008
- Ian Jukes shares thoughts on YouTube - 2007
- Golf, creativity, failure and learning - 2007