I continue to try and use a wide variety of read/write web tools, but at some point (and I’m not entirely sure how I arrive at this decision) I decide to “invest” in different web services and resources. Examples of these include del.icio.us, which I use literally every day I’m online to process and save website favorites via social bookmarks, Flickr, which I am regularly posting to via my cell phone as well as periodic laptop uploads of digital camera pics, and PBWiki, which I use to share all of my educational presentation and workshop curricula (teachdigital.pbwiki.com).
I was delighted to learn recently that PBWiki is now making all educational wikis advertisement-free. Excellent!
For more on PBWiki and its possible uses for learning, visit their website for educators. If you’re doing a conference presentation about PBWiki, apply for one of their presenter packs to get some cool stuff for yourself and to give away to your presentation attendees! Their 2 page PDF “About PBWiki” document is a good summary to use explaining to others what wikis are and how they can be used.
Go PBWiki! You guys and gals rock!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Options for Uploading Videos to YouTube with School Filtering - 2014
- Steeply Discounted Digital Storytelling Workshops: June 5-6 & June 19-20 (Oklahoma City) - 2013
- iPad Media Camp: June & July 2013 in Oklahoma & Kansas - 2013
- Apps and Clouds: An Introduction to Internet Resources - 2012
- Creativity unleashed with LEGO Stopmotion music videos and movie scene re-enactments - 2010
- Join conversations in the LIVE DEN Virtual Conference - 2010
- Tales from an adventurer living off the grid - 2008
- links for 2008-04-24 - 2008
- Ian Jukes shares thoughts on YouTube - 2007
- Golf, creativity, failure and learning - 2007