I created a 3 page QuickStart guide for Flickr for our Oklahoma Digital Centennial project training today. I linked this from my “Powerful Blending” workshop curriculum on web 2.0.
As with all my other online educational technology workshop curricula, this is shared under a Creative Commons Attribution-Only license, so feel free to use this and share it with others. I used this in a handout about web 2.0 which included my del.icio.us QuickStart guide. All the links / resources we referenced and used today are available on this public Google Notebook.
My favorite video of the day was definitely the Jimmy Wales (WikiPedia founder) speech from April 2006. So many people have misconceptions about WikiPedia, and I loved his explanation of how WikiPedia is mainly authored by a close community of people, rather than simply an army of ants (people) who are demonstrating the “The Wisdom of Crowds.” Thanks to Miguel Guhlin for videoconferencing in at the end of our session for about 20 minutes and discussing Skype in the Classroom! 🙂 Miguel has posted a vidcast of our conversation. I hadn’t heard about the Global Education Ning before, I am so glad to learn a Ning social network has been created specifically for facilitating classroom collaborations and promoting global citizenship!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Demonizing Oklahoma Public School Teachers While Praising Them? - 2011
- Hyperlinked sliding image banner in WordPress - 2010
- Let's build openly licensed, digital curriculum together - but where? - 2010
- Bring joy to Mothers in your life this year with a Mother's Day Podcast - 2009
- Setting up a basic content filter for free at granddaddy's house - 2009
- Welcome Jennifer Wagner! - 2007
- Whole lotta testin' - 2007
- Creative Commons quickstart - 2007
- Podcast56: Marco Torres on Engaging Students Through Digital Media - 2006
- Professors banning laptops - 2006