This podcast is a skype interview with Dr. Scott McLeod, the director of CASTLE (The Center for the Advanced Study of Technology Leadership in Education) and an educational leadership/educational law professor at the University of Minnesota. Scott has been blogging since August 2006 on “Dangerously Irrelevant,” and has helped start several education team blogging projects involving school administrators. In this skypecast, Scott discusses the impact blog reading and writing has had on his work with school administrators, his recommendations for constructive ways administrators can not only learn about the benefits of blog reading and writing but also better understand the ways education needs to change in the 21st century. He also discusses the importance of higher education professors writing in the blogosphere, to have direct connections and relevance in the lives of K-12 practitioners in the field. I highly commend Scott’s work and the shared work of his team of school administrator bloggers at leadertalk.org to you, and encourage you to share this resource with school administrators you know and with whom you work. We need more of our school administrators reading blogs, commenting on blogs, and writing blog posts themselves! The awareness they gain through these activities for the positive potential of social media to promote learning via conversations is an important element in the transition to 21st century schools which we should all be helping to usher in.
- Dangerously Irrelevant
- CASTLE (The Center for the Advanced Study of Technology Leadership in Education)
- Personal website of Dr. Scott McLeod
- Other blog sites recommended by Scott:
Special Ed Law
Higher Ed Law
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Pocket Share Jesus (May 2017) - 2017
- Basic Online Video Editing with YouTube - 2012
- eBook Won't Open in iBooks (Closing & ReOpening an iPad App) - 2012
- FaceTime from the Michigan Avenue Apple Store - 2011
- Using the iReporter Theme on iMovie for iPad - 2011
- Window Washer on a Chicago Skyscraper - 2011
- iPad2 Mobile Interview with iRig Microphone - 2011
- Embedding "non-iframe" versions of Screenr Screencasts on WordPress - 2011
- Best News Apps for the iPad - 2010
- Hobo Signs, Symbols, and Parodied History - 2009