If you’re looking for a great opportunity to learn more about online collaboration and blended digital learning later this month, consider virtually attending and participating in the WiAOC 2007: Webheads in Action Online Convergence conference. The event starts this Friday and runs May 18-20, 2007. A complete schedule is available. Scheduled keynote speakers will include Stephen Downes (Personal Learning the Web 2.0 Way), George Siemens (Connections and Conversations: What happens to content?), Etienne Wenger (Communities of practice in an interconnected world: New geographies of knowledge and identity), Robin Good (Collaboration Tools for Everyone), Barbara Ganley (Border Crossings and Contact Zones: Transformative Learning with Social Software across (Traditional) Educational Settings), Teemu Leinonen (Beyond blogs and wikis: What about getting together and building some meaning?), and Leigh Blackall (Standing on a mountain peak, on a clear day, wearing a rose coloured ski mask – or – My plan for climbing a mountain called Networked learning).
Great topics and issues, and a wonderful opportunity to both extend learning and your own professional learning community! Volunteers to help out are also needed!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Learning and Recovering From Failure in STEM Class - 2014
- Professional Digital Publications Archive Project - 2012
- Putting the Passage of Amendment 10-A for Christians Worldwide in Statistical Perspective - 2011
- Editing Video with iMovie taken on a Sony HandyCam mini-DVD Camcorder - 2011
- No Internet Election Campaigns for NJHS Candidates in Lubbock - 2011
- Podcast348: Reflections on Technology Classes for PreService Education Teachers (Part 1) - 2010
- Join me for "Powerful Ingredients" over Ustream tomorrow - 2009
- A Scary Wall Cloud and Rotation Over I-40 Today - 2009
- Presentations from Richardson, Texas this morning - 2008
- Geocaching in the Classroom - 2008