I was interviewed at the Kansas State Department of Education’s annual conference in April 2007 following my spotlight session on “Copyright, Liability, Cyberbullying and Social Networking.” The video of this interview is now available on the KSDE conference podcast page in both Quicktime movie and MPEG-4 formats. The interview runs 16 minutes and 4 seconds. Other interviews with keynote and spotlight speakers are also available, including one with the inspirational Dr. Lorraine Monroe! (She was the conference keynote speaker, and I obtained permission to share the recording of her message as a podcast– check that out too if you haven’t already!)
The books I mentioned during this interview included:
– “Raising Self-Reliant Children in a Self-Indulgent World: Seven Building Blocks for Developing Capable Young People” (H. Stephen Glenn and Jane Nelsen)
– “Technopoly: The Surrender of Culture to Technology” (Neil Postman)
– “Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business” (Neil Postman)
– “The Future of Ideas: The Fate of the Commons in a Connected World” (Lawrence Lessig)
These books and others I’ve read (and recommend) are included in an Amazon book store of recommended books I created recently. I have added this as a sidebar link on my main homepage under “links.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Mapping Media, Cantilevers, and Remixing Lego Movie Tunes in Bethany, Oklahoma - 2014
- iPad Media Camp July 11-13, 2012: 50% Discounts for ISTE, OTA, ODLA, OK A+, CCOSA, TCEA & MACE - 2012
- The Value of Photographic Meta Information - 2011
- First certified African American Teacher in Mountain View Gotebo Schools, Oklahoma - 2010
- Great tech gadget finds at Target this morning - 2010
- New technology on top of the old - 2009
- Advice for graduating seniors - 2008
- NECC button winner: "Here for the learning revolution!" - 2008
- links for 2008-05-23 - 2008
- Carpool discussions with Kevin Honeycutt - 2007