These are the words of my 9 year old, which he formulated on his own to share a message of thanks with his teacher who has made such a positive impact on his life this past year. Since we moved from Texas and he didn’t know anyone here in Oklahoma last August, as you can imagine this was a difficult transition. He gave me permission to scan and share this:
Behold, the power of a single person to positively influence and forever touch the life of a young learner. Thank you Mrs. Fitzgerald, you are a gem whose influence we deeply appreciate, and whose care we treasure for the impact it has had on the learning journey and life of our son.
These last two sentences brought tears to my eyes when I read them this afternoon:
I felt new and different and you helped me make friends and be a part of your classroom family. You challenged me to do my best and introduced me to the power of reading.
What more could a 9 year old or a parent hope for in an end of third grade reflection and teacher thank you note? I can’t imagine anything more priceless.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Director of Technology - Casady School - 2015
- Directly Download an Enhanced ePUB eBook to Your iPad - 2012
- YouTube is the new Cable Channel Platform - 2012
- Working with Free eBooks on Kindle for iPad NOT from Amazon.com - 2011
- Digital Storytelling in Plain English - 2010
- Skirky and Pink on Cognitive Surplus, Motivation & Social Media - 2010
- Kansas Teachers: Register for Celebrate Kansas Voices (CKV) 4-6 August 2010! - 2010
- What does 21st century literacy prep mean 2U? - 2010
- Leave shopping loyalty cards at home - just bring your smartphone and Cardstar - 2010
- Howe 2008: The Last Lecture - 2008