This podcast features a recording with the historical character Wylie Post, who was the first person to fly solo around the world and still holds the world record for flying solo around the world the fastest in a single engine prop aircraft. I conducted this impromptu interview with an employee of the Oklahoma History Center, attending the grand opening of the new Edward Gaylord – Boone Pickens Oklahoma Heritage Center in downtown Oklahoma City on May 11, 2007. Check out the podcast shownotes for more information about Wylie Post and other links to Oklahoma history organizations and educational resources!
- Wikipedia entry for Wiley Post
- Oklahoma Heritage Association
- Oklahoma History Center
- Oklahoma Digital Centennial Project
- My social bookmarks for the Oklahoma Centennial
- “Forgotten Eagle: Wiley Post, America’s Heroic Aviation Pioneer” (Bryan B. Sterling, Frances N. Sterling)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast403: Radio Shows & iOS Audio Podcasting with Joe Dale - 2013
- Storychasing in the Heart of Oklahoma Cherokee Country - 2011
- Hugo Chavez urges Fidel Castro to join Twitter - 2010
- Learn to draw better (for free) using Art Snacks videos - 2010
- Slidecast of Part 2 of 2: Storychasing - Empowering Students as Digital Witnesses - 2009
- A ready-made slideshow of great education quotations - 2009
- Slidecast of Part 1 of 2: Storychasing - Empowering Students as Digital Witnesses - 2009
- Exemplary digital stories by educators in Stilwell, Oklahoma - 2009
- The joy of data in the clouds - 2008
- Good thoughts from Carl Honore - 2007