This podcast features a literature circle discussion between Alexander Fryer, Shelly Fryer, and Wesley Fryer about J.R.R. Tolkien’s epic trilogy, “The Lord of the Rings.” Reasons for loving the book and movie series are explored, noteable characteristics and lessons learned from major characters are discussed, and favorite scenes from the movies and the books are shared. This podcast concludes with a remix of various movie lines, including a memorable monolog by Gandalf the Grey in the mines of Moria, as he speaks to Frodo about the history of the ring and his destiny as the ringbearer.
- “J.R.R. Tolkien Boxed Set (The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings)” (J.R.R. Tolkien)
- Praetorian Guard (WikiPedia entry)
- taking the hobbits to isengard (YouTube video)
- “VeggieTales – Lord of the Beans”
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Upgrade a Verizon Hotspot for $22 Without a New Contract - 2015
- Podcast424: Lessons Learned Coaching PreK Teachers in iPad 1 to 1 Classrooms with Gail Lovely - 2015
- Why You Want to GateKeep Your Teen's iOS Apps - 2015
- Substitute Wood for Coal in Minecraft - 2014
- 5th Graders Enjoy Interactive Writing on KidBlog - 2013
- Back to the Future Opening Scene: Marty McFly Experiences Amplifier Power [VIDEO] - 2012
- Use Tweet Nest to Create a Personal Twitter Information Trap - 2012
- Podcast379: Discussing Education Reform & High Stakes Testing in Oklahoma on the Studio46 Podcast - 2011
- Storychaser digital backpack to Haiti - 2010
- Thank you, President Obama, for banning torture and working to uphold U.S. Constitutional values - 2009