I used to love Johnny Carson. One of my favourite memories as a kid was staying up late and positioning myself so Mom and Dad couldn’t see me but as long as I didn’t laugh out loud, I could usually watch most of the show. I really liked Mondays because often Johnny would have guest hosts. It was interesting to compare how they handled monologues and the interviews.
For those who don’t know me or were expecting to read one of Wes’ provactive posts. This ain’t Wes.
My name is Dean Shareski and I blog at Ideas and Thoughts. I’m a digital learning consultant for Prairie South School Division in Saskatchewan. I met Wes like most of you via the blogosphere. Wes and I did meet once in person in 2006 at FETC. We’ve had a number of contacts, often in impromptu Skype demos, and we also have an involvement in a blog about our spiritual journeys. Wes and I share a passion for digital storytelling and meaningful assessment.
This is my second run at guest blogging for Wes. The pressure is on to produce some quality posts in the tradition of Wes Fryer. I’ll see what I can do.Â Think of me as that guest host Johnny used to bring in. Most of the guests gave the new host a break and the audience really wanted them to do well.
Well here I am. Consider this my monologue.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Drawing is an Act of Attention - 2012
- Media Literacy & Critical Thinking Test: Water Mountaineering - 2011
- Schools must be data informed: NOT data driven - 2010
- Lessons learned webcasting over Ustream with a Nady wireless microphone - 2009
- Podcast255: Implications of Transfer of Wealth for Schools and Communities - 2008
- Watch the space shuttle launch live today! - 2008
- High speed WiFi? Please give me available bandwidth details! - 2008
- Welcome Dean Shareski - 2007
- Praise for the NASA Digital Learning Network - 2007
- Blog comment problems here? - 2007