This podcast was created and recorded on June 6, 2007, during a workshop with school principals and assistant principals in Humble ISD, near Houston, Texas. In the first section, administrators share instructional advice for new teachers. After a brief personal reflection, the podcast includes the culminating discussion between administrators who had read ideas from Doug Johnson, watched a video of Sir Ken Robinson, or listened to Dan Pink share thoughts related to creativity, innovation, technology and school change. I want to extend a heartfelt thanks to the instructional technology department of Humble ISD, as well as the administrators in attendance, for this opportunity to explore and learn together what it should mean to be a digitally informed school leader in the 21st century.
- Linked workshop curriculum and referenced resources: Lead Differently: Digitally Informed School Leadership for the 21st Century
- Instructional Advice for New Teachers (blog post comments)
- Implications of societal and technological change for school leaders (blog post comments)
- Responses to initial videos about societal and digital change
- Instructional Technology Department of Humble ISD, Texas
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Meet MacBookMaestro.com - A Free Digital Badge Powered Learning Site - 2013
- Open Learning, Outside Learning, Leading Learning, & Building Learning - 2013
- Removing Red Eye with the iPhone App Photo Wizard - 2012
- Kansas Educators: Become a Storychaser this summer in Haysville, Greenbush or Andover! - 2011
- Steve Jobs at WWDC2011: The Truth is in the Cloud! - 2011
- Digital Citizenship video resources from Hoover, Alabama Schools and Common Sense Media - 2010
- Incredible tornado footage - 2009
- Pearson makes two big headlines - 2006
- MS Office 2007 Beta and Groove - 2006