This podcast is a recording of my keynote address today at the Oklahoma Public Schools’ district “Technology Enhancement Day.” I took the presentation I had shared (with the same title) in Holland, Michigan in April 2007, but rather than focus on professional development generally as well as more “big picture” change in school districts, I took an individual approach. After discussing changes in the information landscape and what they should mean for schools, I focused on five specific read/write web tools that can be powerfully transformative in learning contexts, and shared five specific steps individual teachers can take to expand their own personal learning networks (or personal learning environments.) Check out the podcast shownotes for a public Google Notebook page sharing all the referenced links, videos, and resources from this presentation.
- Google Notebook page including all referenced links, videos and resources
- Presentation Slides (PDF – 13.5 MB)
- Oklahoma City Public Schools Technology Enhancement Day Agenda
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Archived Learning from the 2015 Mobile Learning Experience - 2015
- Prevent Spiders and Bugs from Getting In a Garage Tornado Shelter - 2014
- Grand View THUNDERS UP! #playingwithmedia - 2012
- Get Arabic and English News Perspectives on Meedan.net - 2010
- Mining could transform the economy of Afghanistan - 2010
- Pro-Envelope lobby fighting paperless movement - 2010
- Podcast321: Getting a Global Perspective - The Power of Collaborative Projects by Dyane Smokorowski - 2009
- Momentous evening of family co-learning with WordPress - 2008
- VoiceThread archival export and comment moderation experiences - 2008
- links for 2008-06-14 - 2008