For the past month or so I’ve been using the free online service Plaxo to sync my online Yahoo email contacts with my Mac OS X address book, and have been pleased with the results. Today Plaxo announced they are making the beta version of their software available to anyone, not just a small group of testers. Plaxo works on Windows-based computers as well as Macs, and is the only free solution I’ve seen out there for Yahoo contacts to MacOS synchronization.
I’ve actually been using the free Yahoo Intellisync application to sync my Windows-based Outlook contacts with Yahoo contacts, and then Plaxo to sync to my Mac laptop. (I know, it’s complicated.) The main problem I’ve had has been that changes made to the Mac OS Address Book don’t seem to propogate up to my Yahoo Contacts. As long as I make the change in Outlook, in Yahoo Contacts, or in the Plaxo online interface, the change seems to sync up everywhere else.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Tweeted Learning from iPadPalooza 2016 - 2016
- iPad App Smashing with Google Forms, Haiku Deck, Explain Everything, and YouTube - 2014
- Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I eBook Now Available - 2013
- A Live Action Charlie Chaplin Google Doodle #gct - 2011
- Google Docs now supports free Optical Character Recognition (OCR) - 2010
- International Spy Museum Report and iPhone GS powered Google Maps - 2009
- K12Online09 Call for Proposals and Keynoters announced! - 2009
- Monitor NECC 2008 Ning discussions with RSS - 2008
- links for 2008-06-25 - 2008
- NECC 2008 certain to challenge conference bandwidth limits - 2008