This podcast features several recordings from NECC 2007 before sessions, on the vendor floor, and in the edublogger lounge. The first interview is with Dr. Paul Clark of the University of Nebraska-Omaha, who discusses the educational fun of geocaching. (Paul actually located 16 different geocaches in Atlanta during this year’s NECC, with his partner in geocaching Bob Goeman.) The second interview is with Tim Donovan, one of the co-founders of Imbee.com. Imbee is a non-commercial, safe “walled garden” digital social networking environment for kids, teachers and parents. The final interview is with Darren Draper, an instructional technology specialist in Sandy, Utah, and the author of the excellent “Pay Attention” video which addresses the need to prepare our students for the 21st century flat world.
- Geocaching.com – The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site
- MacCaching Free GeoCache Manager for Mac OS X
- Travel Bug defined by WikiPedia
- Drape’s Takes: The Weblog of Darren Draper
- Pay Attention Video
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Comparing TeachMeet and EdCamp PD Models - 2015
- Voices of #iste11 - The 1:1 Digital Learning Revolution in Schools (Travis Allen - iSchool Initiative) - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - A Newly Minted FourSquare Mayor in Philadelphia - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - Copyright Advice for Teachers from Kristin Hokansen - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - A Louis and Clark Story About Mercury & Thunderclapper Pills - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - $15 per Month For Netbooks In New Zealand: BYOD = Buy Your Own Device - 2011
- Jason Ohler on Digital Literacy & Digital Storytelling #iste11 - 2011
- Separate Feedburner chicklets for blog posts and podcasts - 2010
- CNN provides a tutorial on retweeting - 2009
- CoverItLive Blog of Malcom Gladwell's Opening NECC Keynote - 2009