This podcast features an interview this evening with my cousin, Devin Henley, who become an enthusiastic iPhone owner at 6:15 pm US central time on June 29, 2007. Devin discusses his initial impressions of the iPhone, gives an overview of its applications and features, and reviews the process of setting up his iPhone and syncing email, calendar and address book data from his laptop. Bottom line: The iPhone is amazing! The Safari web browser does appear to be the killer application. (Along with the phone and iPod functionality!) The progress of handheld, disruptive technologies marches on. The variety of CONSTRUCTIVE uses the iPhone will support is amazing to contemplate. Web 2.0 (read/write web) technologies are truly going mobile with the iPhone. How are teachers and administrators going to keep iPhone owning students engaged in class at school without banning the devices? Hopefully they’ll choose to embrace interactive, collaborative educational activities (school 2.0) instead of taking a more reactionary approach.
- Macsurf: Devin’s next generation web hosting company
- Apple’s iPhone website
- AT&T’s iPhone website
- iPhone: The Killer App is Safari (PC World blog post)
- iPhone Frequently Asked Questions (from AT&T)
- 95 Theses for New Millennium Learning
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Tweeted Learning from ISTE 2016 - 2016
- Traveling with Airbnb? Consider Checking Crime Maps First - 2015
- Learn About Google Fusion Tables - 2013
- Storychasing our Philmont Backpacking Trek in June 2012 with Images, Audio & Video - 2012
- Neighborhood Nightmare in Philadelphia: Man Gunned Down Protecting His Son - 2011
- If Google Moderator and YouTube are good enough for the White House, what about your classroom? - 2010
- One Hour PowerPoint: A Strategy for Improving Presentations by David Jakes and Dean Shareski - 2008
- Open Minds: Open Education and Open Culture by David Thornburg - 2008
- links for 2008-06-30 - 2008
- Apple says NO to NECC 2008 vendor floor - 2008