Great fun this evening learning more about digital storytelling from Dean Shareski and David Jakes, via an Elluminate Live session! Thanks for the invite to participate, Dean! I posted some thoughts following our session as well as some of the GREAT referenced digital storytelling examples and tools on Dean’s blog (where I’m wrapping up a week of guest blogging) in a post titled, “Digital storytelling: Hobby of the present and future.”
My workshop curriculum related to digital storyelling (including podcasting) is available on http://teachdigital.pbwiki.com/digitalstorytelling. I added some links there tonight for “Sources for free / royalty-free images” including this nice list from the July 2007 issue of MacWorld.
If you look at only one thing, check out this POWERFUL video (“True America“) created by one of David’s students about freedom and what it means to live in the United States. Very moving.
If you take time to view the video, take a few more seconds to rate it and then leave an edifying comment on YouTube for this student videographer. Excellent work, both in its message and from a technical, digital storytelling perspective.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Cautiously Optimistic About Iran and United States Relations - 2015
- Students Teach About Redstone Wiring in Minecraft - 2014
- Podcast415: Igniting Create, Make & Learn and iPad Media Camp - 2014
- Summertime and the Learning is Easy? - 2010
- Wanna Hitch? Tether Your Android or Blackberry Phone - 2010
- Technology Professional Development and Chocolate Cake - 2009
- EdTechTalk: Join our conversation about Netflix-style social networking about books for KIDS! - 2008
- links for 2008-07-16 - 2008
- Virtual Speed Dating (Web 2.0 style) intro - 2007
- About being Canadian - 2006