An article I wrote in June for District Administration magazine titled “Report from EduComm 2007” is now online at their site.
MicroWorlds EX Robotics software is the program Scott, Gary Stager, Martin Levins and others recommend for controlling Lego robotics kits (Lego Mindstorms) in lieu of the iconic-programming language software which now ships with the kits. Programs written in MicroWorlds EX are exportable and shareable in ways the iconic programs developed with the latest Lego software are NOT.
I have yet to try my hand at lego robotics, but I have kids in the house who are itching to get started. We’re starting by learning and playing with Scratch. Maybe later this school year we’ll find a way (and money) to move into the lego robotics world!
EduComm 2007 was a good conference, and was certainly held in a great location (Anaheim.) I obtained permission from many of the presenters this year to share their presentations as podcasts— my favorite was definitely Alan Kay’s keynote!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast417: Mobile Digital Ethnography, Place-Based Learning and Inquiry - 2014
- iPhoneography Light Painting - 2013
- Stories we wish we had recorded or could record - 2010
- Create a free online survey with Google Forms - 2010
- Notes from the RTNDF Multimedia Workshop (Oklahoma) - 2009
- How can I join tonight's skypecast? - 2008
- Central Asia, Oil, Geo-Politics and Smart Playlists - 2008
- Podcast269: Background and Formative Ideas for the Storychasers Project - 2008
- Sightspeed VOIP - 2006
- Podcast76: An Interview with Mr. and Mrs. Moodle - 2006