This podcast is a ten minute reflection I put together in advance of a workshop on digital storytelling that I’m co-teaching tomorrow in Irving, Texas. My thoughts focus on school 2.0 and why teachers should strive to engage rather than enthrall students in their classrooms. I went through the same four step process of PLAN, PRODUCE, CHOP, and PUBLISH that I recommend to teachers and students when they are creating a digital story. I timed these steps, and took two hours to plan (write and revise the script and locate all images), 13 minutes to produce (record the audio), 70 minutes to chop (editing with PhotoStory3) and 1 hour to publish.
- This video is also available on TeacherTube.
- This video is also available on YouTube.
- The text of my planning document and script for this digital story is available.
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Soften Your Syllabus - 2016
- Free Play and Our Overscheduled Lives - 2014
- 2011 iPad 2 = 1985 Cray Supercomputer - 2013
- 30 in 60: 30 Tools for Tech-Savvy Teachers - 2012
- Getting Your Game On: Great Ideas for Integrating Game Design in Your Curriculum #blackfootETC - 2012
- Beyond Search by Lucy Gray - 2012
- Mobilizing Learning with iPods, iPhones and iPads by Lucy Gray - 2012
- Glacier National Park in August - 2011
- Jessi Slaughter (Jessica Leonhardt) on YouTube: A Case Study on Digital Citizenship - 2010
- Focusing administrator attention on basic values and the importance of VISION - 2009