This podcast is a recording (the first of three parts) I made on August 6, 2007, of a workshop for Irving ISD teachers on “Using Google and Yahoo Tools for Educational Research and Collaboration.” Google for Educators (http://www.google.com/educators) and Google Labs (http://labs.google.com) include a wealth of powerful, free tools for learners. Yahoo also provides powerful, free learning tools. These permit streamlined Internet research, connecting ideas, hyperlinks and data with geographic places on earth, collaboratively authoring documents with options to share the results with others, creating web pages with a web browser, and more. In this session we’ll explore Google Notebook, Google Reader, Google Earth, Google News Alerts, Google SMS, and more!
- Linked wiki curriculum for this workshop
- Links referenced in this session shared as a public Google Notebook
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts! Â Â Â Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Please support my STEM classroom Donor's Choose project: "Applying STEM Skills with Robotic Sphero Balls. Use the promo code INSPIRE at checkout to double your donation (up to $100) thanks to a match from DonorsChoose.org.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Google Training and Learning Opportunities in Oklahoma - 2014
- Distressed Over the Rising Costs of College (and other things) - 2014
- More Than One Way to Orbit in Scratch - 2013
- Welcome to Hogwarts (August 2013) - 2013
- Exploring Instructional Uses of YouTube with Lucy Gray (August 2012) - 2012
- Mobile E-Book Options for "On-the-Go" Readers - 2012
- Digital Textbooks using iBooks (August 2012) - 2012
- More Highlights from Glacier National Park - 2011
- Include Geo Location Info for iPhoto Exported Flickr Images - 2011
- MediaWiki spam cleanup recap and tutorial - 2010