This podcast is a recording of the “It’s Elementary” webcast hosted by Lisa Durff, Jose Rodriguez. Alice Mercer, Maria Knee on the EdTechTalk channel of WorldBridges on Monday, August 13, 2007. Our topic was podcasting in the elementary classroom. We explored reasons to podcast, shared positive experiences with classroom podcasting, discussed examples of ways podcasting is being used to support learning by elementary students, and also shared tips and suggestions for making podcasting with elementary students a success. I was particularly enthused to learn how Maria has used her school district’s phone dialer system to publish her students’ podcasts (saved as WAV files) directly over the phone system to parents’ homes! The creative possiblities of podcasting continue to expand! The real key, as participants discussed, is putting the technology into THE HANDS OF THE STUDENTS and leveraging the power which podcasting can have to help students be motivated to learn and share their ideas with others. There is great value in RETELLING, and audio podcasting offers great opportunities for students to share what they know and have learned with others on the global stage.
- It’s Elementary on EdTechTalk
- It’s Elementary: Supporting technology in the elementary classroom blog site
- Diigo links from this show
- 5th Grade podcasts from Ms. Mercer’s classroom
- Summer podcasts created by Ms. Durff and her students
- Example of a podcast by Mr. Rodriguez’ students and his personal professional development podcasts
- KinderKids Podcast from Ms. Knee’s classroom
- Lisa Durff’s Class Blogmeister site
- Jose Rodriguez’ classroom blog
- Alice Mercer’s Classroom Blog
- Maria Knee’s Classroom Blog
- My Intro to Podcasting workshop curriculum and links (including examples)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Share Recipes with Paprika Recipe Manager for iPhone - 2017
- Remove distracting Apple TV icons - 2014
- Learn About Lightspeed Mobile Manager - 2014
- Technology Integration for Common Core (Velma, Oklahoma Presentation Resources) - 2013
- Evernote as a Syncable, Offline Database for High School CX Debate Evidence - 2011
- Strange podcast download spike - 2008
- Thoughts on video annotation and 1:1 computing - 2007
- Use your school phone dialer to share podcasts with parents! - 2007
- Talking about podcasting with elementary students - 2007
- Update on "Invent the Future" After School Club / Scratch Programming - 2007