This podcast includes participant responses during several phases of an all-day workshop I shared today with educators working for “Operation Aware” in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Our topics included Internet safety, cyberbullying prevention, and safe digital social networking. The first question teachers responded to (in groups) was: What are the top behaviors that put students at risk or in danger online? The second question teachers responded to was: What messages about social networking do all our parents and administrators need to understand? I included some additional personal reflections and summative ideas about the workshop experience and the themes we discussed at the end of the podcast as well.
- Curriculum from today’s workshop
- Operation Aware in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Dean Shareski’s post on behavior that really puts kids at risk online
- Have you Googled yourself today? by Steve Dembo
- “Raising Self-Reliant Children in a Self-Indulgent World: Seven Building Blocks for Developing Capable Young People” (H. Stephen Glenn, Jane Ed.D. Nelsen)
- “Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder” (Richard Louv)
- Dr. Yong Zhaoâ€™s Keynote at BLC07- Digital Citizenship in a Global Economy: The Internet Revolution and Its Implications for Education (Thanks to Bob Sprankle)
- eSchoolNews15 Aug 2007: 96 percent of teens use social-networking tools: Survey reveals schools have a huge opportunity to harness technology for instruction
- NATIONAL SCHOOL BOARDS ASSOCIATION: CREATING and CONNECTING / Research and Guidelines on Online Social â€” and Educational â€” Networking
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- RATs, WebCams & Online Predators: More Reasons to Ditch Windows-based PCs Forever - 2013
- Radio Spot for iPad With Wes Workshop in Oklahoma City: Friday, September 14th - 2012
- Ways to Subscribe to a Blog in Google Reader on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch - 2011
- Watch Flash Videos & Play Flash Games on iOS Devices - 2011
- Multiple Choice Testing on an iPod Touch with NearPod - 2011
- Do You Realize? (21st Century Education in New Brunswick, Canada) - 2010
- A gaggle of AudioBoos from the Oklahoma City Zoo - 2009
- MNet Social Safety Resources - 2008
- Download offline copy of a VoiceThread digital story? - 2007
- Fun with 43 places, 43 things - 2005