I’ve posted some new thoughts on the TechLearning blog related to meaningful professional development for teachers, and how school district leaders can help empower students by granting them access to digital technologies as well as inviting them to share their voices on the global stage via digital storytelling. My top recommendationsare :
- Digital Storytelling with VoiceThread
- Student Digital Storytelling and Media Festivals
- Equip and empower a cadre of learning leaders
Check out the full blog post for more elaboration on those themes! As always, your feedback is welcome! 🙂
1:1, digitalnatives, digitalstorytelling, disruptivetechnology, education, educationreform, engagement, laptop, laptops, leadership, learning, schoolreform, schools, technology, voicethread, NCLB
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Don't Let Toxic Voices Tell You Who You Are - 2019
- Hello from Shanghai! - 2011
- Collaborating on a debate assignment with Google Docs and Social Bookmarks - 2010
- News Literacy and the Basics of Journalism: Be Fair, Accurate and Clear - 2010
- A NO SCREENS Sunday afternoon - 2008
- Beware of Quechup Spam Scam - 2007
- Realize your dreams today, start virtually attending Stanford or MIT - 2007
- K-12 Online Conference Teasers! - 2007
- YALSA: Using social networking tools to encourage reading and literacy - 2007
- More key ingredients for successful 1:1 initiatives - 2006