The K-12 Computing Blueprint is sponsoring a free webinar on September 25th focused on the question, “What are the most effective professional development approaches for 1:1 computing and other technology-intensive environments?” The presenters include Eva LaMar with Springfield Public Schools in Oregon and Leslie Wilson with the Michigan Department of Education. Eva is an Apple Distinguished Educator I met briefly in 2005 at the ADE Institute, and continues to play a pivotal role in her school’s S.T.A.R.T.T. “Springfield Teaching And Reaching Through Technology” initiative. I do not know Leslie but have wanted to learn more about Michigan’s Freedom to Learn (FTL) project for some time. This looks like a GREAT opportunity to learn from the experiences and perspectives of educators steeped in 1:1 project implementation. And the price is right!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Opening Doors for Students: An ISTE 2013 Ignite Presentation - 2013
- Reflections from the Bund in Shanghai - 2011
- Time to ditch Diigo or pay up? - 2010
- Anyone Studying Student Access to Khan Academy Videos on Netbooks? - 2010
- Farewell Bloglines, my first digital newspaper - 2010
- Arrange iPhone icons now in iTunes 9.0 - 2009
- Addressing the R Word Proactively and Flagging YouTube Videos - 2009
- Podcast279V: Setting up a SubDomain with cPanel - 2008
- No time to make a video? No problem with Animoto! - 2007
- Educational change agents wanted - 2007