How can the next president better help small business and entrepreneurs thrive?
As of this writing, Senator Obama has received over 1481 replies.
Just as teachers need to embrace blended learning methodologies to provide students with differentiated pathways for learning as well as assessment, politicians (who are smart) need to do the same thing. Senator Obama, in this context, is modeling “best practices” in the political realm with the use of social media for communication. Does a presidential candidate and U.S. senator have time to ask any question in person to over one thousand people and listen to the answer? Unfortunately, no. Neither does a teacher usually have time in a 50 minute classperiod to listen to each student respond to a question requiring reflective thought and discernment.
A presidential candidate, just like a teacher, has more to say to constituents than face to face time can allow. That’s why the use of YouTube by Senator Obama’s campaign also models “best practice” for providing access to asynchronous video clips. Blended learning. Blended politics. The power of social media in motion.
It’s great to see a U.S. senator continuing to embrace the effective use of social media. As educators, we need to follow his lead.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Create a Maze Game in PBS Scratch Jr - 2016
- Lesson Idea: Analyze Political Fundraising Statistics with Comparative Ratios - 2012
- Oren Lee Peters - Stories of My Life - 2011
- Sounds of My World - My new sound blog - 2011
- Bypassing draconian Chinese Internet content filtering #learning2cn - 2010
- Great student project examples, lesson ideas and links integrating media #learning2cn - 2010
- Thinking about dark matter, the origins and size of the universe - 2009
- Delete multiple (or all) photos from an iPhone or iTouch with Image Capture - 2009
- Hello from Hong Kong - 2009
- Flip Video First Impressions - 2008