This podcast is a recording of my first morning session at the Learning 2.0 conference in Shanghai, China, on September 16, 2007. The title of my session was “Inventing The Future: Safely Empowering Learners in the Read/Write Society.” The description of this session in the conference program was: As Dr. Lawrence Lessig has observed, we live in the era of a “new read-only” and a “new read-write” culture. This environment is full of rapid, discontinuous and disruptive change, but the opportunities for empowering people to constructively communicate and share their voices appropriately with the world is unprecedented. We’ll explore how learners of all ages across the world are utilizing media and communication technologies to literally reinvent the future.
- Session slides and referenced links (on wikispaces, accessible from China)
- Session slides and referenced links (on PBwiki, not directly accessible from China without a proxy service)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcast!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Creating a Society6 Store of Digital Photography Products - 2017
- Podcast446: Reflections on a PBS Scratch Jr Coding Camp for Kids - 2016
- K12 Online Conference Webinar Saturday Sept 19th - 2015
- Minecraft and MinecraftEDU in the Classroom - 2014
- Amazon Isn't a Consumer Electronics Company: It's WalMart Online - 2012
- Rachel Wants to Be a Scientist - 2012
- Podcast380: The Summer of Podfading is OVER: Let's Talk eBooks! - 2011
- Notes and finds from #learning2cn Tell a Story in 5 Frames Unconference session - 2010
- The Natives are Getting Restless: Growing Up and Learning in a Web 2.0 World by Robyn Treyvaud - 2009
- Emerging Trends that Redefine Education in the 21st Century by Bruce Dixon - 2009