It is great to be back in the USA! We were able to take off from Shanghai before the typhoon made landfall. It ended up making landfall south of Shanghai and not doing much damage to the city, but still caused flooding and damage in other parts of China. Fox News has an image of flooding from Rui’an City. I’m glad we got out when we did! Here are some photos we snapped right after landing in Detroit. The face of the guy in the left side of the first picture says a lot! 🙂
It has now been 24.5 hours since we got up this morning in Shanghai– we got up at 5 am local, and it’s now 5:30 pm US Eastern time! Unfortunately because of a slight delay in our departing flight from Tokyo and some delays getting through US customs, we missed our connecting flight to Oklahoma City. So, now we won’t get home till about 10 pm. Bed is going to feel great. Flying east is definitely tougher than flying west, although anytime your body clock changes by 11 hours it’s a major adjustment.
I’m going to be making several voicethread reflections about the trip as well as publishing some additional podcast recordings in the days ahead. In all, it was a great trip and a great opportunity for learning. I’ll be keynoting the November 2nd TechForum in Austin on the topic “So The World is Flat. Now What?” This trip to Shanghai definitely gave me lots of new food for thought on that subject.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Please Vote for my SXSWedu 2013 Book Talk: Why We Need to Play with Media - 2012
- Join in a free eTechOhio Webinar Tues Sept 20th on #playingwithmedia - 2011
- Share "timed" comments on Audio Recordings with SoundCloud - 2011
- Enjoy Podcast Fast Forward and Rewind Options with Podcaster.fm - 2011
- Exploring Suzhou, China (a StoryKit mobile phone digital story) #learning2cn - 2010
- Podcast280: Get Wiki With It! - 2008
- K-12 Online DEN Presentation on Slideshare - 2007
- Notes from Gary Stager's Learning 2.0 Session: 10 things to do with a laptop - 2007
- Good insights from Madeleine Albright - 2006
- IM in schools - 2006