The Learning 2.0 conference in Shanghai opened last Friday night with an engaging panel discussion among the speakers. This was not only a lot of fun, but also a great way to frame the themes of the conference and introduce everyone to the speakers. Each speaker was asked to respond to a different question relating to the use of web 2.0 tools for learning, and those initial responses were recorded with video and posted to YouTube.
Ken Carroll has posted an audio podcast recording of the entire panel discussion, available for download as an mp3 file. Many thanks to Ken for recording and sharing this! Ken is a co-founder of Chinesepod.com, which offers a variety of podcast options for Chinese language learners.
I think the organizers of the Learning 2.0 conference did many things which modeled “best practices” for education conferences. I shared several of these in my TechLearning blog post today, titled “Learning from the Learning 2.0 Conference.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- A Return to the Simple Pleasures of Daily Blogging - 2020
- 2nd PLAYDATE PD Event in Oklahoma: Saturday October 4th! - 2014
- iPhone5 Weight & Form Factor - 2012
- Blocked Sites in China - 2010
- Purchase a new webkinz or say goodbye to WebKinz World Online - 2009
- An Exemplary Interactive Mobile Conference Website (Vision 2020 Conference) - 2009
- Deer Creek (Oklahoma) Students and Teachers Using Skype - 2009
- Edmond Parents Protested President Obama's Speech - 2009
- Podcast281: Brisinger Book Release, Home Run Books, Flow, and Reading Advice from 10 Year Old Alexander - 2008
- Podcast84: Inertia, Teaching and Change - 2006