EdTechTalk is one of the best online communities to get and stay connected with other educators interested in the effective ways to use both educational technologies as well as creative teaching strategies to engage students and improve opportunities for learning.
Tomorrow evening at 6 pm (for me in in North America Central time – GMT start is 2007-10-08 23:00) I’ll be joining others in the “It’s Elementary” webcast channel for a preview of the upcoming K-12 Online Conference, which also kicks off tomorrow with a pre-conference keynote from David Warlick!
Later in the month, also related to K-12 Online, EdTechTalk will host “Building Online Communities for Youth” (2007-10-24 21:00 Eastern US time) with Lee Baber, Paul Allison, Susan Ettenheim, and Chris Sloan. Check it out if you can!
To keep up to date on all the great EdTechTalk programming, a variety of subscription options for different shows hosted as webcasts are available. You can also subscribe to the EdTechTalk newsletter after you create an account on their website. Click “my account,” then “edit” and “my newsletters” to subscribe.
Don’t forget to check the K-12 Online Conference blog tomorrow morning for links to audio and video versions of David Warlick’s preconference keynote! Separate podcast channels / web feeds will be available for subscription to conference presentations also!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Lessons Learned as an Educational Consultant (Oct 2013) - 2013
- Steve Jobs Inspired Me to Dream Big Again - 2011
- Jack Berckemeyer: Opening Keynote at Qatar Academy - 2011
- Marketing Flyer for the 2010 K-12 Online Conference #k12online10 - 2010
- Tools to simplify meeting scheduling - 2009
- A worthless worksheet and a voluntary VoiceThread - 2008
- Is technology at school an event or a tool set? - 2008
- Turning to YouTube for an Origami Tutorial - 2007
- Meaningful professional development via book studies - 2007
- 2nd Grade podcast - 2005