EdTechTalk is one of the best online communities to get and stay connected with other educators interested in the effective ways to use both educational technologies as well as creative teaching strategies to engage students and improve opportunities for learning.
Tomorrow evening at 6 pm (for me in in North America Central time – GMT start is 2007-10-08 23:00) I’ll be joining others in the “It’s Elementary” webcast channel for a preview of the upcoming K-12 Online Conference, which also kicks off tomorrow with a pre-conference keynote from David Warlick!
Later in the month, also related to K-12 Online, EdTechTalk will host “Building Online Communities for Youth” (2007-10-24 21:00 Eastern US time) with Lee Baber, Paul Allison, Susan Ettenheim, and Chris Sloan. Check it out if you can!
To keep up to date on all the great EdTechTalk programming, a variety of subscription options for different shows hosted as webcasts are available. You can also subscribe to the EdTechTalk newsletter after you create an account on their website. Click “my account,” then “edit” and “my newsletters” to subscribe.
Don’t forget to check the K-12 Online Conference blog tomorrow morning for links to audio and video versions of David Warlick’s preconference keynote! Separate podcast channels / web feeds will be available for subscription to conference presentations also!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast433: Sharing Student Work Online (October 2015) - 2015
- Lessons Learned as an Educational Consultant (Oct 2013) - 2013
- Steve Jobs Inspired Me to Dream Big Again - 2011
- Jack Berckemeyer: Opening Keynote at Qatar Academy - 2011
- Marketing Flyer for the 2010 K-12 Online Conference #k12online10 - 2010
- Tools to simplify meeting scheduling - 2009
- A worthless worksheet and a voluntary VoiceThread - 2008
- Is technology at school an event or a tool set? - 2008
- Turning to YouTube for an Origami Tutorial - 2007
- Meaningful professional development via book studies - 2007